Smiling Jack started his
stage career as a five year old tap-dancer and singer
from New Jersey, but traded his shoes in for a guitar at
age twelve and began writing and performing his own
Said goodbye to New York ten years later and
headed west with a pocketful of pithy observations and
assorted love songs in a range of different musical
Over the course of some 40 years as a working musician
Smiling Jack Smith has had the great fortune to work as
an opening act for some of the biggest names in show
business, including B.B. King, John Mayall, Bonnie
Raitt, Charlie Musselwhite, Johnny Clyde Copeland, John
Hammond, Jr, and the Reverend Gary Davis.
His festival performances include:
- Antequera Blues Festival, 1997
- XXII Semana de la Musica, San Fernando, Cadiz, 2000
- Festival de Jazz, Granada, 2001
- Nits a la Fresca, Palma de Mallorca, Verrano 2001
- Festival Internacional de Blues, Cazorla, 2001
- Rodeado Por Raices, Chesterfield Cafe, Madrid, 2001
- III Festival Internacional de Blues, Almeriblues,
- II Festival de Blues y Jazz en la Provincia, Cadiz,
- Antequera Blues Festival, 2003
- The Isle of Man, Big Wheel Blues Fest , 2004
- Antesala Festival Blues-Rock de Velez-Malaga, 2004
- Galapajazz, Noches de Blues, 2004
- VII Festival Internacional de Blues, Almeriblues,
Click here to play MP3 Song Sample
- Deja Blues
Bookings - Click Here
What are the highlights you like to hear while
listening to the blues? Is it scorching blues guitar
riffs? A very funky horn section or some sexy and sultry
saxophone? Good ol' boogie woogie piano or a lot of hot
Hammond organ playing? Strong rocking rhythm?
Outstanding, versatile vocals that knock your socks off?
Well, if you picked "All of the above", then SMILING
JACK SMITH'S will surely get you smiling like JACK. "
PETER "BLEWZZMAN" LAURO.